Samsung has come out with its upgraded version of 10-inch tablet device but the changes are so little that it might not be right to call it an upgrade of the existing device. This new tablet is thicker and heavier than the previous one and has come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and an IR transmitter so that it could work as a universal remote. The battery life is good in this device than the original one and the LED flash for the rear camera got removed in this new upgrade. With a few changes, one would not like to call it very different from the original one as the competitors are getting the edge in the market by coming out of the devices with much sleek look, better performance at the same price or a slightly more price.
Pros of the new device
- comes with Android 4.0 OS
- IR Transmitter and remote software
- Batterylife is good
Cons of the new device
- The device is thicker and larger but not many features are added
- The performance is not good as compared to the newer Quad Core Tablets
- The flash of the camera is removed and the quality of the camera is not improved
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1
- It has TI OMAP 4430 dual core processor of 1 GHz
- has 1 GB memory
- 16 GB storage spave
- the display is 10.1” WXGA (resolution 1280X800) multitouch
- the front camera is 2.0 MP and rear camera is 3 megapixel
- has Power VR SGX540 graphics
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless
- 30 pin Dock connector, microSD,3.5 mm audio jack
- 10.1”x6.9” x 38” @1.28 lbs
- comes with Android 4.0
Samsung Company took a different approach while launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. No radical change has been made in the device rather most of the features remained the same as the original device. The outer appearance has changed into a thicker one and the operating system Android 4.0 will be welcomed by the users for its smooth functioning as compared to the previous ones. One of the significant change in the appearance is the back cover is wrapping slightly over onto the front panel. The speakers are also moved to the either side of the front display. Samsung has got the new outward changes similar to what Apple did to its iPad.
Some other features
The latest Samsung Galaxy Tablets come with an IR blaster which is located on the tablet and is combined with the Peel universal remote application so that the tablet can control various home theater devices and also different channel settings. Mostly this works fine but there are problems with the incorrect TV listings or unusual devices which are in the database of devices. The battery size of this tablet remained the same and it has the capacity of 7000 m Ah. With so many competitors around, it might be difficult for the newest addition from Samsung to keep up to the competition.